58 Main Street
Please do not park in the driveway or back yard. Parking is available on the street in designated areas. Thank you.
Psychoeducational Assessment with Dr. Micheline Godbout or Dr. Larry Tuff
For children experiencing academic and/or behavioural problems related to school. This service includes:
- Interview with parents
- Psychometric testing
- Feedback with the parents
Additional options include:
- Feedback with the child
- Consultation with the school by phone
- Consultation at the school (within a half hour driving distance)
The goal is to develop an intervention program aimed at maximizing the child's adaptation to his/her school setting.
For children experiencing personal problems such as stress, anxiety, depression, aggression, trauma or adjustment problems. Emphasis on understanding the child's interaction with family, peers and educators. This service includes:
- Interview with parents and child
- Psychological testing if appropriate
- Recommendations for intervention
Cooperative Problem-Solving Therapy
Allows parents and children an increased understanding of the child's challenges and specific ways to help him/her build skills through a cooperative problem-solving model.
Individual Counselling/Cognitive Behavioural Orientation
Allows exploration of the child's personal problems through play and/or verbal interactions.
- Stresses collaborative, cognitive and positive involvement with an emphasis on parental involvement.
- Emphasis on skill building and problem-solving
Through verbal interactions and drawings, children and their parents recreate problems and opportunities in a way they can understand.
- Allows parents increased insight and understanding of their child's experiences in a non-judgmental and accepting environment.
- Family therapy promotes constructive problem-solving.
Following a psychoeducational assessment, further demystification of the child's learning style and promotion of appropriate compensatory strategies are pursued.